[X-Newbies] Open DNS - how to get rid of it!

GL themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 23 23:05:50 PST 2010

This is from the company themselves:

You will need to contact the network administrator regarding this
matter. You can reach them through the link/drop down contact form at
http://block.opendns.com .

[Funny, that site is blocked! Says "contact your network admin" but
the form doesn't work... who is my 'network admin'? LOL I'm the only
one here... this is why I'm saying it has to be Comcast...]

OpenDNS does not configure local computers or networks without the
express permission of a local network administrator or user.

**Please confirm if another user on your network configured OpenDNS
without your permission or consent.**

If you are the network administrator and you are being blocked/
filtered without consent please check all of your local TCP/IP
settings and your router and ensure they do *not* reflect OpenDNS's
IP addresses, 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220, then flush your web
browser caches and DNS resolver caches.

If you are using a public Wi-fi connection, please consult the owner
regarding OpenDNS settings.

They still have not told me how these numbers got entered into my TCP/
IP panel without my permission. (I do know why -- the panel prefs
were not locked)

I work online 16 hours per day and I would know if I installed
something...and I have not. I have no installed software on this
machine since it was new, in 2005.