[X-Newbies] Video DVDs

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Apr 16 18:12:30 PDT 2013

On Apr 16, 2013, at 4:00 AM, Keith Mills wrote:

> System Preferences next to: When you insert a video DVD, it says - Ignore.
> I have clicked on Open DVD Player, but it just returns to Ignore.

I don't know why your settings in System Preferences wouldn't  be sticking.  You may have a corrupted preferences file.

You can try trashing the file:
com.apple.systempreferences.plist

located at:

~/Library/Preferences
(Option-click the Go menu in the Finder.  Your ~/Library folder will appear in the menu.)

You may ultimately have to reinstall a fresh copy of OS X to fix this.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html