Setting up Child Netinfo domains in OS X Server 10.2

Our Pal Al opa at avalon.rockefeller.edu
Wed Dec 4 15:52:56 PST 2002

Just when I had the hang of OS X server 10.1, the interface of 10.2 has just
left me hanging and the documentation isn't a real help.

How do I create a new domain in OS X server 10.2? I mean, an additional one.
I've already got the root domain. Now I want to make /Netinfo/root/<lab> and
add Users to that and I just can't seem to get the hang of it in 10.2.2.

Open Directory assistant would seem to be the way to do it, but I never get
any step that asks me to configure a Child Domain. For that matter, in the
Help/Documentation, when I look up setting up a Netinfo domain, everything
is accurate up to step 5 but then step 6 never comes up. After step 5 it
just goes right to step 7. Ugh!

--
If two men agree on everything, you may be sure that only
one of them is doing the thinking.

                                                 -  Lyndon B. Johnson
http://bullwinkle.rockefeller.edu