~/Sites Apache permission denied problem on 10.2.2 server

R. Hannes Niedner hannes.niedner at gmx.net
Mon Nov 25 11:02:37 PST 2002

I am a newbie in server administration and have set up a Jaguar Server
10.2.2 on an Xserve. Most of the stuff works fine and as expected but I have
not figured out on how to give normal users the ability to put their html
and cgi code within their ~/Sites folder and have it displayed in a browser
using <http://www.mysite.com/~user/>

All I get is Permission denied ???

I thought this would be setup automatically and the httpd.conf seems to load
the necessary module, the permission on the ~/Sites folders including the
content is 711.
I have it working for 2 users but not for the rest and the only difference
was that I setup these two user as administrators when creating their
accounts.

Please help/h