[X Servers] ~/Sites Apache permission denied problem on 10.2.2 server

R. Hannes Niedner hannes.niedner at gmx.net
Tue Nov 26 10:30:59 PST 2002

On 11/26/02 6:32 AM, "Peter C.S. Adams" <adamsp at cs.umb.edu> wrote:

> I can't guarantee that's your only problem, but it's enough to prevent use
> of the web files. (That's not an Apache issue, BTW; it's true of ANY
> application trying to access the files.)
>
> peter

Thanks Peter,

I actually had it later set to 755, but that didn't solve the problem and
only a phone call to Apple did eventual resolve it.
Once you create a new User with a local home directory using the workgroup
manager this user has FIRST to connect to the server using AFP, then and
only then the correct Home directory structure is established and the
correct entries are made into the Netinfo database. I always run into
trouble because the first action was always a test login via ssh ore
directly on the server.

I got it working now.

Best/h