[X4U] Newbie Xserve Question

Joey Parshley kneeland at mac.com
Sat Nov 30 11:32:02 PST 2002

On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 10:47 AM, R. Hannes Niedner wrote:

> On 11/27/02 6:53 AM, "Carlos Aranzazu" <caranzazu at union-city.k12.nj.us>
> wrote:
>
>> I have been working with os x server for a few years now. i have set
>> them up for a school system so we do not often do a lot of high end
>> server use but i have done some of what you have asked. if you any
>> questions please feel free to email me off list.
>>
>>> I am setting up our new Xserve and would like some pointers on where
>>> start.
>
> I really don't think you need to to take this off list, actually quite
> the
> opposite is true, but why don't you post queries and answers on OS X
> Servers
> <X-Servers at lists.themacintoshguy.com> ?
>
> JMTC/h

I am reposting this for the Server list.

What steps should I take to set the Xserve to authenticate the Mac
clients and windoze clients. I want the home folder for at least the
mac clients to reside on the server so they will be abel to use any mac
and have their own environment. I am awaiting some OS X Server Books
but any help from the list will be greatly appreciated.

Joe