Panther X-Server upgrade?

James Bucanek subscriber at gloaming.com
Mon Aug 25 08:14:14 PDT 2003

Here's a question probably no one can answer:

Does anyone know if Apple has offered free upgrades (like the "Up to Date" coupons they include in some consumer systems) that would get one a free upgrade to the next version of OS X Server when it comes out?

As I understand it, there is no "upgrade" price for any version of OS X Server.  We're thinking about getting an XServe in September, but really didn't want to spring for another $1,000 a month or so later when Panther is released (and I'd *really* like to have Panther).  But having to wait three or four months for Panther to be released is going to be extremely awkward as well.

Has anyone purchased an OS X Server system a month or two before a major release?  Were you able to upgrade the OS for free or at a discount?