AFP Homes / LDAPv3 / Workgroup Manager

Forrest Beck forrest at da.org
Tue Feb 11 13:45:11 PST 2003

After about a week of testing and many questions, I finally have a working
setup with Active Directory.

My xserver has the AD DC as a Authentication Source,
And
My clients have AD as an Authentication Source.

Client logs in (first time), he is verified against AD, his home is created
on the xserver through afp.  Everything works beautifully.

Now.

How can I manage my computers through Workgroup manger.  I have tried
running Open Directory assistant again to create a network netinfo database.
The NI database is created, and I can manage the NI through WM. I also added
a  computer to the NI database.

But none of the preferences I make stick to the users when they log in.  I
am probably wrong, but It was my understanding that I can use Netinfo to
manage my computers preferences and use LDAP to authenticate them...

I tried making drastic changes that "Always" occur.  Like, put the dock on
the Right, half size, Full magnification, All the time.

Nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?  Have I missed something.

Quickly going insane,
Forrest