Broken php with 10.2.4 update, grrr

Adrian Simmons adrinux at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 14 07:48:19 PST 2003

My head hurts today. I can't figure this out.

PHP was working fine. I updated to OSX 10.2.4

PHP stopped working...ok, I see, new httpd.conf was added.

Edited httpd.conf, uncommenting required lines and adding in those extra's I had in my old conf.
(used BBEdit's find differences command, handy)

I've got the load and add modules unchecked, I've got an addtype where I had an addtype.

I've restarted, done 'configtest', checked apache error logs, and access logs. Nothing seems to be wrong.

Yet when I visit various pages, I get variously:
blank page for phpinfo;
pages that contain all php and end with .php are displayed as text;
pages that contain a mix of xhtml with included php and end with .php are downloaded.

Any suggestions?

I'm off for a lie down.

Adrian