[X Servers] Mounting Home Directories with SMB via LDAP

Michael Bartosh mbartosh at mac.com
Fri Jan 24 15:40:14 PST 2003

Note:

>Currently my Mounts CN contains the following:
>
>1> cn: Faculty:/Users;

This means the share will be mounted at /Network/Servers/Faculty/Users/

> 1> userSharedFolderOther: /Network/Servers/faculty/Users/fbeck;

...But this says the user's path will be below

/Network/Servers/faculty

...Note the capitalization.

FWIW I'm not a fan of poluting enterprise directory with mounts classes. It's easiest to keep them in a peer Open Directory (this way you can use wgm to manage mac specific data, if that's your thing).