[X Servers] AppleMail vs. sendmail

Carlos Leal cleal at corpmail.net
Fri May 9 05:31:57 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 04:34 AM, Sytse Kuijk wrote:

> Mmmm, everyone I contacted points to sendmail.
> I do have qpopper experience.
> Guess I'll go buy the sendmail book...
> BTW, I have 19 years Mac experience and 19 years Unix of different
> flavours. Just not very much system administration, but that is
> rapidly changing...
>
> sytse

Good luck. I switched to Qmail on a Linux box five or so years ago
until I switched to Postfix two years ago because it was so much easier
to install and configure yet provided the rock solid security and
stability of Qmail. You won't need to buy a book either.

I administer Postfix via ssh and X11 using the module available for
Webmin which itself is set up to respond only to localhost  requests.
Painless and transparent to all apps expecting to see sendmail.

--Carlos