[X Servers] remote login to an Xserver

Bruce Cheng brucecheng at mac.com
Fri May 21 10:57:29 PDT 2004

You can open port 22 on your home router (assuming that's what you have
and it has a built in firewall) and you can use scp (secure copy) to
copy files.

You can also use Timbuktu (other ports need to be opened) to access
your home machine and it also has a 'transmit' files option.

I am not sure if there are simpler ways to access files remotely.

-Bruce
ps* or setup a VPN connection. This is a bit more involve. ;)