[X-Servers] Re: Windoze remote connectivity

konrad cichocki kon21 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 11:07:39 PDT 2004

Hey Mark, have you tried to FTP from the other Mac to the FTP server?
"Go" menu uses either AFP or SMB not an FTP protocal.
If you can't most likly you have a problem with the FTP server, Firewall, or
you didn't upgrade the security patch relased a month ago which broke ftp as a
whole.

---
Subject: [X-Servers] Windoze remote connectivity

I must admit I feel like a goose asking this but its eluding me and I
figure the quickest fix is to swallow my pride and ask.

The scenario. A OS X 10.3.5 machine with access to the 'net (IP
address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX). File sharing setup (SMB activated for the
shares), windows services running and FTP services running.

Remote Mac's can connect via "Go": "Connect to Server", type in IP
address, provide userid and password and boom they are in as if it
was on a physical LAN in the next room.

But how the @$%#@^%^ do I get a Windoze XP Pro box to do it?

Opening a browser page and typing in ftp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX fails,
Trying to map a drive fails.

I've read the Windows Services Configuration doco and didn't see
anything pertinent.

Somebody out there must have done this successfully before me?
--

Regards,

Mark (}-: