[X-Servers] Re: Top level of server not visible in Panther Finder

Patrick Ellis ellis at champlaincollege.qc.ca
Wed Oct 13 12:54:11 PDT 2004

Go to the terminal on the server and type;

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleFileServer
admin31GetsSp false

The non terminal but longer way to do it is open the
com.apple.AppleFileServer.plist file from /Library/Preferences in a text
editor such as TextEdit, go to the line below <key>admin31GetSp</key>
and change <true/> to <false/>.

It should be saved as plain text not rtf with no .txt extension appended.
You'll be asked to overwrite the original file.

(I only go this route when I forget the actual terminal command)

Patrick