[X-Servers] 700 Users all hitting the server at the same time!

Aranzazu caranzazu at union-city.k12.nj.us
Fri Feb 18 09:30:18 PST 2005

>Does anyone have a thought or solutions?  Thanks....

I have had the same problem in the past. what was causeing the
slowdown was two things.

1. jaguar is slow. when we upgraded to panther a lot of our beach
ball and drooped connections fixed it's self.

2. we have about 40 ibooks connecting to out server and we found that
they are the ones that are slowing down out server. we had to do alot
of load balancing on our airports to resolve a lot of this.

If you email me off list i can give you specifics.
--
From
Aranzazu

This message has been scanned for virus detection by the Union City School's email system. Un-cleanable attachments have been deleted and the sender notified.