[X-Servers] (no subject)

Bob Bergey bob at bergey.net
Tue Jun 28 21:53:46 PDT 2005

I'm still not online with my new Xserve G5 ... and I'm really stumped
on my current problem, although I'm sure there's a very simple
solution -- I just can't put my finger on it.

It's connected to the Internet, and SMTP works -- Mailman is sending
out admin messages on a couple of test mailing lists I've set up.
However I can't get mail to the server, nor can I connect to the Web
sites on the server. It may be a DNS issue, although I've gone
through the DNS pretty carefully. I can connect from anywhere with
the Server Admin application using the domain name, and Server
Monitor also connects. So why can't I access email or the Web on the
Xserve? I currently have the Firewall turned off, so I don't think
that's it either. I'd really appreciate any suggestions on where to
look.

Bob