[X-Servers] Xserve Initial Config Problems

Bob Bergey bob at bergey.net
Sun May 1 14:58:44 PDT 2005

I'm an Xserve newbie ... just got my new Xserve G5, OS X 10.3.7
installed. I'm trying to configure it from my PowerBook using Server
Assistant, but it doesn't show up in the dialog for configuring it
remotely. I'm connected on the same network it is, with a Linksys
router, plus I've tried connecting it directly to just the PowerBook.
But it's not showing up. Also, after going though it's intial
startup, the blue activity lights all remain lit all the time, even
without it connected to anything. Does that indicate a problem before
I even connect? I guess next step will be to connect a monitor and
keyboard to the Xserve; I ordered it with a video card just in case,
but was hoping not to use it.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Bob