[X-Servers] osx server and high capacity mail servers

Anita Holmgren anita at tenon.com
Thu Oct 27 10:27:46 PDT 2005

At 8:48 PM -0500 10/26/05, Kansas Territory wrote:
>my old company had a linux mail server farm providing email to
>10,000 user accounts.
>
>Looking to start up something new, and I'm curious if anyone here
>has any experience using multiple Xserves and  Xraids to host a few
>thousand mail clients.
>
>Any suggestions or pointer to similar stories would be appreciated.

Even though Xserve comes with Postfix, we would recommend considering
our Post.Office mail server and list server.  Post.Office is being
used world-wide on many different platforms by large ISPs with 10 of
thousands of mailboxes. The set up and administration is all via a
browser-based GUI. And individuals can use that same web GUI to
administer their own mail accounts (set up vacation messages, change
passwords, add forwarding, etc.).

Post.Office supports virus scanning (with ClamAV) and SPAM filtering
(both with built-in filters and with SpamAssassin) and runs very well
on Xserves.
http://www.tenon.com/products/post_office.

-Anita