[X-Unix] Is there any libraries available for HD backup programming

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sun Apr 4 23:32:10 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 01:04:34AM +0000, Leon Elinzon wrote:
:
: Is anybody aware about API for HD low level programming on mac? I'm about
: to do my senior project, and I'm considering to make some backup program
: with X11 gui. Any ideas, links and segestion will be higly appreciated.

What exactly do you mean "low level programming"?  If you want to write
a backup program with an X11 GUI, just install Apple's X11 package and
you can write any X11 program you want using the X11 API.

	http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/X11/

If you want something a little more high-level, you could try something
else like GTK.

	http://developer.apple.com/unix/toolkits.html

--
Eugene Lee