netiquette, was [X-Unix]

Christoph Hammann chammann at mac.com
Sat Apr 24 08:30:31 PDT 2004

Am 23.04.2004 um 03:03 schrieb Richard:

> Is there a way, to do auto responding?
> via a Rule in the Apple Mail app. ( 3rd party app? )
>
> Going on Vacation, next week,
> and so there a couple of lists, I need to auto reply
> back, with a text message, saying out of the office,
> for 3 days..
>
> Anyone?

Yeah,

please do all listmembers the favor and *don't* install an
autoresponder for a mailing list e-mail-adress. Anyone who posts
something to these lists while you're on vacation will get a stupid
bounce message from your auto responder. It is more courteous to
unsubscribe from a list when you can't read it.

Christoph H.