[X-Unix] NFS share?

John Davis johnaldavis at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 17 20:55:54 PST 2004

Hi there everyone,
                             I am attempting to create an NFS share
directory on my ibook  in the  /Users/Shared/ location , I named this
directory fc3 as I have placed some ISO images there so I can install
Fedora Core 3 onto my imac from the ibook. I can't find much info
anywhere as to what I have to do to configure the NFS server. I added
an exports file ( /Users/Shared/fc3 ro mapall=nobody 192.254.129.117 )
to the "/etc"  directory and was wondering exactly what it is I have to
add to this file? I have connected to the ibook from the imac via eth0
after booting from the "boot.iso" disk and I get the the message "This
directory cannot be mounted by the NFS server".
                           Obviously I am leaving something out and as I
am but a novice at this am finding it a bit of a challenge!
                 T.I.A    John.
P.S. I hope I have enough info?