[X-Unix] Re: X-Unix Digest, Vol 4, Issue 6

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Mon Dec 27 22:34:19 PST 2004

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 04:42:11PM +0100, Peter Dyballa wrote:
:
: Am 27.12.2004 um 15:01 schrieb
: x-unix-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com:
:
: >It's not there in sh, csh, and even tcsh.
:
: It was always there because it's *not* regex! It's globbing that can be
: turned off to create a file named /*.*. Which can be removed by 'rm
: /*.*', of course.

When I said "it's not there...", I specifically refer to regex
patterns being recognized in filename expansion by those shells'
command lines.  Traditional (i.e. non-regex) filename globbing
rules have always been there.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/