[X-Unix] Postfix troubles

Alan Harper lists at aussiegeek.net
Sun Feb 1 12:55:07 PST 2004

It is pretty easy to enable postfix from the command line. I did it in a couple of minutes over the weekend (just upgraded to panther on the weekend two, god it rocks, i'm happy that apple has fixed the maximisng routine so it centres the window)

This is from memory but i did the following as root

chown -R postfix /var/spool/postfix
chown root /var/spool/postfix
set MAILSERVER=-YES- in /etc/hostconfig
edited /etc/postfix/master.cf and removed the # in the follwoing line:
smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd

Ran "postfix check" to see that all is well

Any questions e-mail me I might know

Alan Harper			E: alan at aussiegeek.net
Linux / Mac Geek		W: www.aussiegeek.net
Mac OS X: Because making Unix user friendly was easier than fixing windows