[X-Unix] Start, re-start? again & again?

James Bucanek subscriber at gloaming.com
Wed Feb 11 09:01:54 PST 2004

CP wrote on Wednesday, February 11, 2004:

>Well safe starting got me farther but it still ended up having the error
>message window come up.

If booting with all non-Apple kernel extensions results in a panic, then I suspect you have serious software corruption issues -- or a hardware problem.

My advice is to re-install the OS.  Check and repair any disk errors first (I think someone already gave the instructions for using fsck in single user mode), and enable HFS Journalling after you have everything reinstalled.