Erroneous file size of Pine attachments

Chris Stone chris at oreilly.com
Tue Feb 17 13:54:50 PST 2004

I'm hearing from one user of a reproducible issue with Pine on Panther
(both with an installed binary, and from a compiled version). When he
looks at the size of a file which came as a pine attachment, the file
size is reported normally. When he re-saves the same attachment over
the old copy, the file size is reported as something illogically large,
over several GBs. He sees the size reported like this  in both the
Finder and the CLI.

Has anyone else seen this before? He's having no other filesystem
related anomalies, so I'm hoping this is just a pine issue, and not a
sign of something more general with his machine.

Thanks,

--Chris