[X-Unix] Restarting AppleFileServer

SeaSoft Systems seasoft at west.net
Thu Feb 26 08:43:17 PST 2004

>From: luke <etyrnal at ameritech.net>
>

>On Tuesday, February 24, 2004, at 11:55  PM, SeaSoft Systems wrote:
>
>>  Thanks!
>>
>>  For some reason, the sudo terminal command didn't restart the service
>>  OMM. However, SystemPrefs did the job. Doh! (smacks forehead...)

.
.

snip
.
.

>or you may have to first run top, find out if it is already running and
>kill it first - THEN sudo start it again...

This may be what was going on; I had tried a few things, including a
"SystemStarter"
command which seemed to work but didn't restore AFS functionality. It
may have, however, started *something* that interfered with the
subsequent AppleFileServer invocation. I'll have to wait for it to
crash again for a more comprehensive test.

Anyhow, thanks for the hand-holding. *Much* appreciated.

Richard