[X-Unix] shell scripting

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sat Jan 17 03:20:23 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 06:24:41PM -0600, Bert Knabe wrote:
:
: On Jan 16, 2004, at 4:46 AM, Stroller wrote:
: >
: >Learning a new language is over-kill for this task. Shell scripting &
: >the use of `cron` should be quite adequate.
:
: But I'm looking not just at this task, but at possible tasks in the
: future. It may be that all will be do-able from the shell, or it may
: not. I'd have to be a masochist to learn a new language just to copy
: files. :)

1) You want the script to do more than just copy files.

2) Learning Perl is considered by many to be an act of masochism.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/