[X-Unix] Postfix troubles

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 29 19:56:51 PST 2004

On Jan 29, 2004, at 6:56 pm, Dennis Fazio wrote:

> --On Wednesday, January 28, 2004 09:02 AM -0600 Michael Grant
> <soft at bdanube.com> wrote:
>> ... Since I *only* want to use Postfix to send mail from this
>> particular machine for now and, as Stroller rightly points out, don't
>> want
>> to risk opening the machine as an open relay for spammers,
>
> You may want to consider. Postfix Enabler (on Versiontracker or
> Macupdate). It does this with a click of a button. If you want to set
> it as an IMAP/POP server later, it does that too with relay
> protection.

I'm sure that Postfix Enabler is very good, but I'm gathering the
impression that it's a proprietary, closed-source GUI tool. I know it's
only $10, but this is a Unit-oriented list - if one learns how to
enable Postfix from the commandline, using pico or vi to edit the
config files, one has the benefit that one will be sure to be able to
configure Postifx on any Unix system in the future.

Stroller.