[X-Unix] Postfix howto

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 5 09:35:37 PST 2004

On Jan 5, 2004, at 2:11 pm, Kuestner, Bjoern wrote:

> I will look into procmail. It sounds helpful from what you describe
> and the
> FAQ:
> http://www.iki.fi/era/procmail/mini-faq.html

I also like maildrop, which performs the same function.
<http://www.flounder.net/~mrsam/maildrop/>
I find the syntax very easy to use. My .mailfilter file looks like this:

   logfile "$HOME/maildrop.log"
   MAILDIR="$HOME/.Maildir"

   ## VARIOUS MAILING LISTS
   ##
   #...
   if ( /^List-Id: <X-Unix.lists.themacintoshguy.com>/ )
   {
     log "-------------------------------------------------- Unix For OS
X List "
     to "${MAILDIR}/.Geek.Apple.Lists.Unix For OS X"
   }

   # If not to a mailing list then test for Bogosity
   #

   # Call Bogofilter with the following options:
   #   -e - embed with MTA - exit with code 0 even if the mail is not
spam
   #   -p - passthrough - take on STDIN, pass to STDOUT, add X-Bogosity
header
   #   -f - select Fisher spam calculation method (default).
   #   -v - set debug verbosity level.
   #
   xfilter "bogofilter -e -p -f"
     # NB: the following options are mentioned in the Bogofilter
documentation,
     #     but we consider the undesirable:
     #     -u - classify message as spam or non-spam and register
accordingly.
     #     -l - write messages to syslog.

   # if spam, file this into the "spam-bogofilter" folder and exit
   # processing
   if (/^X-Bogosity: (Spam|Yes)/)
   to "${MAILDIR}/.Junk.Possible"
   #...

   # DEFAULT MAILDIR - DELIVER EVERYTHING ELSE HERE
   #
INBOX"
   to "${MAILDIR}"

Hope you find this useful,