hfs+ with fedora2 on i386

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Jul 20 01:56:21 PDT 2004

Hello Warren!

Have you tried to configure your own kernel? As far as I remember the
Fedora kernels supports file systems like NTFS, HFS/HFS+, UFS plus some
more. And I think there is also support for a few partition table types.

Making a new kernel is in Linux quite easy. And it's a good thing to do,
to adapt your kernel to your actual needs. And therefore it's so easy.
It might take hours to browse through the options and select a
reasonable set, compile the sources, install them in /boot *without*
destroying the recent and *working* boot scheme, and finally try to boot
the new kernel. But it's worth doing doing that.

I haven't done this with recent Fedora Core distributions. In case you
still have to upgrade to a kernel 2.6 here are two helpful sites:

    http://thomer.com/linux/migrate-to-2.6.html
    http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/799

Red Hat offers advanced or necessarily advanced packages that work(ed)
or had to work in Fedora pretty well here:

    http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.6/SRPMS.kernel/
    http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.6/RPMS.kernel/

http://www.kernel.org/ holds the most recent kernel sources. I remember Red Hat/Fedora do not have such a repository but trust in the Linux Kernel Archives too. You probably know http://fr2.rpmfind.net/?

--
Greetings

  Pete