[X-Unix] rsync & ssh [DRIFT]

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Jul 9 15:45:56 PDT 2004

On Jul 9, 2004, at 12:44 pm, David Ledger wrote:

>> From: Stroller <MacMonster at myrealbox.com>
>> Subject: Re: [X-Unix] rsync & ssh
>> Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 00:07:21 +0100

>>>  Not sure what you mean here.  I can't think of any legacy systems
>>> it's
>>>  particularly compatible with.
>>
>> Well, what I mean is basically that Unix stays horribly obscure &
>> complicated in in order to remain compatible with Unix.
>
> So really you're complaining that Unix still exists, and hasn't been
> replaced with a new OS with similar internals and different CLI
> utilities.

No. I'm not complaining.
Please take those words in the context of the other 300 or so of my
message.

I wrote a reply to someone confused why SSH was failing. He remarked
that he was having difficulty finding resources to ease the process of
becoming a Unix guru, and my words were intended to encourage him -
most people find learning Unix difficult, and perseverance will pay
off.

I really don't see the necessity for the length of this branch of the
thread. My reply was intended constructively.

Stroller.