[X-Unix] Changing the default shell

Larry Helms lhelms at sonic.net
Fri Jul 16 07:28:17 PDT 2004

Files are read according to the specific shell.  I didn't pay much attention
to order when I created the email.  Check the man page for the particular
shell you are interested in.

I know the man page for zsh list  what files are read in which order... And
under which conditions.  For all shells... typically, those in /etc are
always read first... followed by those in your home directory.

If you really want to educate yourself... and have a little fun at the same
time... run around and modify/create the files for your particular shell...
At the top.... Put in 'echo' commands... Like 'echo ".zshenv" '... Then
logout... And log back in... And watch what happens.

Larr.