[X-Unix] ipcalc for OS X?

Larry Helms lhelms at sonic.net
Fri Jul 16 08:50:38 PDT 2004

Gretchen,

I came across a perl script... At http://jodies.de/ipcalc (see lower right
hand corner).

Larr.
Huxley.local :: /Users/lhelms
lhelms > ipcalc.pl
Usage: ipcalc [-n|-h|-v|-help] <ADDRESS>[[/]<NETMASK>] [NETMASK]

ipcalc takes an IP address and netmask and calculates the resulting
broadcast,
network, Cisco wildcard mask, and host range. By giving a second netmask,
you
can design sub- and supernetworks. It is also intended to be a teaching tool
and presents the results as easy-to-understand binary values.

 -n    Don't display ANSI color codes
 -b    Suppress the bitwise output
 -c    Just print bit-count-mask of given address
 -h    Display results as HTML
 -help Longer help text
 -v    Print Version

Examples:

ipcalc 192.168.0.1/24
ipcalc 192.168.0.1/255.255.128.0
ipcalc 192.168.0.1 255.255.128.0 255.255.192.0
ipcalc 192.168.0.1 0.0.63.255