[X-Unix] Question about the latest security updates

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Tue Jun 8 00:14:15 PDT 2004

On 8/6/04 12:25 am, "William H. Magill" wrote (in part):

> If you navigate to this site, it will test the exploit.
>
> http://bronosky.com/pub/AppleScript.htm
>
> Interestingly, when I first visited it earlier today, the exploit
> worked. But right now, after having run Disk Utility/Repair permissions
> (for a different problem I was working on), while it launches the Help
> Viewer, the exploit is not working. (I've had 10.3.4 installed for
> several days and had rebooted numerous times.)

Bloody Hell, I have both security updates and 10.3.4 installed and the
exploit still works, *even in English*, let alone other languages.

I repaired permissions as well (been a while) just to see if that would help
and it did do repairs to CoreServices files and I also rebooted for good
measure...still the exploit works.

Unbelievable but sadly true, thanks for the info William.

Richard