Temp Telnet Activation

Dave Higgins dave at just4.com
Mon Jun 28 18:22:07 PDT 2004

Hi there.

I understand that standard telnet access is disabled on OS X for a good
reason (and ssh is better to use), but I need to know how to
temporarily turn it on and then off. A one-liner Terminal / shell
command would be best for activating (rather than a startup config type
setting).

As for deactivating, a simple kill on the process ID would probably
work (assuming the PID is easy to find (/var/run/telnet.pid maybe?))

Seems I read once how to do this, but a Google search retuned WAY too
many unrelated hits (guess I just didn't hit the right search phrase).

Thanks for any help.

Dave.