enscript pretty-printing broken?

Warren Pollans warren at meyer-pollans.net
Tue Mar 2 14:32:06 PST 2004

Hello,

I'm playing around with enscript on my ibook (10.2.8) and get the
following error for this simple test - which works fine with the same
version of enscript (and the same enscript.st file) on my linux
(fedora) box.

[REPORTS]$ enscript --version
GNU enscript 1.6.1

[REPORTS]$ enscript --pretty-print=c --output=test.out test
/usr/share/enscript/enscript.st:74: parse error
states: undefined state `c'
[ 0 pages * 1 copy ] left in test.out

QUESTIONS:
(1)  Any suggestions from folks doing pretty-printing with enscript on
jaguar would be appreciated.  Pretty printing with a2ps works fine.

(2)  Anyone use something other than a2ps or enscript do custom
pretty-printing of text files.  This is all scripted (perl) - the files
are created from mysql tables and a2ps (for now) does a little
selective bold-facing.

Thanks,

Warren