[X-Unix] printing question. - SOLVED

Warren Pollans warren at meyer-pollans.net
Wed Mar 3 07:54:26 PST 2004

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

I installed gimp-print and ESP Ghostscript 7.05 - things appear to be
working OK - I can now print postscript (a2ps and enscript output) to
my deskjet - there had been no problem printing from various apps like
word, text-edit, etc.  Apparently gimp-print and cups conspired to put
the correct print-filter in place - before this "it" didn't recognize
the postscript files as printable - finally read the cups log
(/var/log/cups/error_log).  Gimp-print was probably not necessary -
other drivers may have worked just as well.  What was required was
something more systematic than my blindly hacking about  :-)

Thanks again,

Warren