[X-Unix] Copying to multiple directories

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Mar 11 11:28:15 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 07:32:36PM -0600, Harvey Riekoff wrote:
:
: I need to copy "fileA" to every users library folder in the Users
: directory. The file resides at t he root level. The command that I have
: been using is: cp -r fileA /Users/*/Library.  There is obviously
: something that I am doing wrong because nothing is copying. Any help
: would be appreciated.

This solution works for Bourne shell derivatives:

	for d in /Users/*/Library; do cp "fileA" "${d}"; done

Replace "cp" with "ditto -rsrc" if you need to copy over resource forks.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/