[X-Unix] cellphone-ibook communication

Frank Flynn frank at declan.com
Tue Mar 23 13:02:28 PST 2004

Sadly there doesn't seem to be any software that will "just work" (like
iSync).  Even the vendor says that syncing software "is coming" and they
probably mean syncing software for the PC.

Still if you're adventurous you can try.  Get the cable, then see if you can
get any kind of documentation on your phone.  You might have better luck if
your phone has an infra-red port getting one of those readers.

The problem is the cable could cost you $50.  And then you have to write
some code to make it work (not for the faint of heart).

If you want something easy (and it's time to upgrade your phone anyway) get
a new one that iSync supports (and don't forget a bluetooth adaptor for your
Mac) and you're set.

Good Luck,
Frank

--