[X-Unix] Hiding apps from the command line

Michael Grant soft at bdanube.com
Fri Mar 26 08:28:07 PST 2004

On Mar 26, 2004, at 6:15 AM, Eugene Lee wrote:

> 	#!/bin/sh
> 	osascript <<END
> 	      tell application "Finder"
> 	      if exists application process "$1" then
> 		    set visible of application process "$1" to false
> 	      end if
> 	      end tell
> 	END

I'm getting "cannot execute binary file" here. I checked and the script
file is executable for all users. Line endings are Unix. No one else
seems to be having this problem--any idea what might be wrong?

BTW in this line:

>    if "$1" is "a"
>         set visible of every process whose visible is true and name is
> not "Finder" and name is not "$1" to false

shouldn't the second occurrence of $1 actually be $2?

Michael

--
katerihwaiénstha'