[X-Unix] 0th Annual Shell X-Unix Scripting Contest (was Re: [X4U] Terminal Comand to Hide App Layers)

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 26 13:10:43 PST 2004

On 3/26/04 10:04 PM, "Eugene Lee" <list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net> wrote:

> :
> : Working (for me) version at
> : <http://homepage.mac.com/david_ledger/Scripts/index.html>
>
> Oh gawd, we already have code forks...

Different strokes...

> As a joke, maybe we should have a impromptu shell script writing contest
> and see who can pump out the best command-line tool to hide/show a faced
> application in OS X.  Code may be judged on the number of features, ease
> of use, robustness, and other nonsensical bits.  All submissions may use
> commands available in shipping versions of OS X, especially those in the
> the Developer Tools CD.  If it didn't come with OS X, it cannot be used.
>
> Thoughts?

Sounds interesting, but since there are already a few versions of this one,
maybe we should find another task. And I think one of the criteria should be
brevity as well - elegance in code is always nice.

Kirk

        My latest book: How to Do Everything with Mac OS X Panther
                  http://www.mcelhearn.com/htde.html
 . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
 . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .