[X-Unix] FW: [X-Unix] Hiding apps from the command line

Michael Grant soft at bdanube.com
Fri Mar 26 14:14:51 PST 2004

On Mar 26, 2004, at 4:02 PM, Eugene Lee wrote:

> However, if your stuff isn't UTF-8, it probably won't work.

Switching the hide script file back and forth between MacRoman and
UnicodeTM (UTF-8) in BBEdit turns it on and off in the Terminal. Just
to experiment I tried editing the first line from #!/bin/sh to
#!/bin/bash, but it doesn't make any difference.

Michael

--
"There is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the
people if well administered, and I believe farther that this is likely

- Benjamin Franklin, address to the Constitutional Convention, 1787