[X-Unix] 0th Annual Shell X-Unix Scripting Contest (was Re: [X4U] Terminal Comand to Hide App Layers)

Kino quinon at rio.odn.ne.jp
Mon Mar 29 07:40:02 PST 2004

On Mar 27, 2004, at 16:57, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> Well for yesterday's project, I don't think it could have been done
> without
> AppleScript, could it? I think you need to hit the Finder to hide an
> app.

~ kino$ appswitch
usage: appswitch [-sShHqkFlLP] [-c creator] [-i bundleID] [-a name] [-p
pid] [path]
   -s            show application, bring windows to front (do not switch)
   -S            show all applications
   -h            hide application
   -H            hide other applications
   -q            quit application
   -k            kill application (SIGINT)
   -K            kill application hard (SIGKILL)
   -l            list applications
   -L            list applications including full paths and bundle
identifiers
   -P            print application process ID
   -F            bring current application's windows to front
   -c creator    match application by four-character creator code
('ToyS')
   -i bundle ID  match application by bundle identifier
(com.apple.scripteditor)
   -p pid        match application by process identifier [slower]
   -a name       match application by name
appswitch 1.0 (c) 2003 Nicholas Riley
<http://web.sabi.net/nriley/software/>.
Please send bugs, suggestions, etc. to <appswitch at sabi.net>.