[X-Unix] Terminal.app window placement

Warren Pollans warren at meyer-pollans.net
Mon Mar 29 09:34:19 PST 2004

Thanks, that helps a little - I can open two windows as Terminal starts
instead of one.

What I really want is to be able to control placement of windows as I
open them - I would like to be able to tell Terminal.app to use a "best
fit" algorithm when opening new windows instead of staggering them.  If
I use a virtual desktop (like CodeTek's), the "Save As ..." method
works for the first desktop (pops up two side-by-side windows), but if
I want to open new Terminal windows in the second desktop, they come
out staggered -  and I really don't want all of the desktops to start
full of Terminal windows.  This is NOT a big problem because it's not a
lot of work to drag the windows where I want them :-)  I was just
wondering if this is a configurable option - as it is in some X-window
window managers - I hadn't noticed any Finder window placement options.