Set Default IP Address

Simon Forster simon-lists at ldml.com
Thu May 13 08:07:10 PDT 2004

Hi

I've got a machine running here under Mac OS X 10.3.3. It has a private
IP # (10.0.2.1) and all is fine. Except...

Passive ftp. The machine is returning its local IP number for passive
connections - so unsurprisingly passive ftp breaks. How do I define
this machines IP Address (whatever.ldml.com) so that it returns this
rather than its IP number? (And I'm not after intricacies of DNS thank
you. I have this all sorted. I just need the machine to return the IP
address rather than an incorrect IP number when setting passive FTP).

Is this a NetInfo job? If so where and what property and value?

TIA

Simon Forster