[X-Unix] Is it possible to set unique umask for folder?

Simon Forster simon-lists at ldml.com
Wed Nov 24 06:17:59 PST 2004

On 24 Nov 2004, at 13:39, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

>> First, is there any way to set the (default) umask in the process
>> that is
>> doing the saving?
>
> You can change the default Finder umask, but he doesn't want to do
> that...

Seems a bit like using a sledgehammer to knock in a nail.

On 24 Nov 2004, at 12:53, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> The AppleScript solution seems to be the best, since it happens as
> soon as
> new items are added.

Having tested it, I think I'll be going down this route. FWIW, this
will not notice that a sub-folder has had items added to it. However,
in this particular instance, this is not an issue.

As an aside, how does one change a process' umask?

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Simon Forster