[X-Unix] Getting global IP address

Ryan Duff ryan at duff-duff.net
Thu Nov 25 08:01:34 PST 2004

>James Wrote:

>Mark,

>My guess is that they do exactly the same thing (perhaps using their owns
servers though), however it is VERY possible
>I'm wrong.

>James.

>On 25 Nov 2004, at 13:38, Mark Philip wrote:

>> On Nov 25, 2004, at PM 09:31, James Wright wrote:
>>
>>> I'd try:
>>>
>>> curl http://www.myipaddress.com/
>>>
>>> Then parse it out of that.
>>
>> Ok. Thanks James.
>> I was also just wondering how do those developers of software like
>> NetMonitor & Konfabulator widgets do it...
>>
>> --
>> Best,
>> Mark.

I think they use commands from applescript (mac, duh!), or wsh and wmi
(microsoft) or anything else for that matter. I read something about
creating your own widgets about 2 years ago when konfabulator first came
out. Check out the scripting forum at konfabulator's website if were
interested in making your own widgets...
http://www2.konfabulator.com/forums/index.php?showforum=12

Ryan Duff
http://www.duff-duff.net