[X-Unix] PGP funkiness...

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Thu Oct 7 21:37:08 PDT 2004

On Oct 7, 2004, at 11:31 PM, Justin Herald wrote:

> I have GPG integrated with Mail.app very well. I use GPGMail and I got
> the link from the MacGPG website. It works very well.
>
> Apple recommends MacGPG on their page
> http://www.info.apple.com/usen/security/security_pgp.html
>
> On Oct 8, 2004, at 12:23 AM, Eric Crist wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I was just wondering if many people here use MacGPG with email.app,
>> or if you all use something else.  I really like this email
>> application, but I'm hoping for better PGP/GPG integration.  I'm
>> considering finding a freebsd binary for KMail, as that's the
>> graphical mail application I've been using for many years.
>>
>> If the mac os x email application isn't what you folks use, could you
>> tell me?  I'm trying to avoid Entourage if possible, but I'm at the
>> point where I just want a good email application with integrated
>> encryption.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -----
>> Eric F Crist
>> Secure Computing Networks

I guess I didn't elaborate very well.  I've been using MacGPG for quite
a while (since I bought this laptop), and it's not quite meeting my
needs.  There are many emails that it's not able to verify, exiting out
on an error of 'No Data.'  Also, it's unable to verify multiple PGP
signatures within the same text, which would be handy.  There are other
lists on which I reside, such as FreeBSD Questions, where I do my best
to verify PGP signatures.  Also, I use PGP to encrypt/decrypt email on
a regular basis between colleagues of mine.

Thanks for the input!

-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks