[X-Unix] Installing kismet using Fink

Ryan Duff ryan at duff-duff.net
Mon Oct 11 05:00:57 PDT 2004

I did recently (2 weeks ago) try to install kismet and got the same error. I
gave up and used kismac instead. I went back and picked up from where I left
off after reading this email and had it compiling correctly within 15
minutes. Here are the steps you need to take to get it to install correctly:

1. Go to dopesquad.org and download this file...
http://www.dopesquad.net/security/Viha-0.0.1a.tar.gz

2. As per the readme after it unzips, copy the wifi.framework folder to your
/library/frameworks folder. You can also copy the stumbler executable into
your /bin or /usr/bin folder (keep in mind you need to sudo to copy
something into the /bin folder), however, I'm not sure if you necessarily
copy the stumbler file or not for it to work. I did anyway.

3. Run a 'fink install system-viha'
	- it should now find the binary wifi.framework that it needed
	and complete without problems.

4. Run 'fink install kismet' and it should ask you a few things and compile.

Its currently compiling on my 700mhz 14" iBook with out any problems.

-Ryan

PS - Theres also a fink mailing list for questions like these. Check it out
at http://fink.sourceforge.net/lists/