[X-Unix] PGP funkiness...

Kuestner, Bjoern Bjoern.Kuestner at drkw.com
Tue Oct 12 07:47:37 PDT 2004

I am sorry to see this drifted so out of proportions.

I explicitly welcomed Eric Crist and his posts and knowledge. (off-list)

I politely asked Eric what is the issues with his mails before this thread
was started. He explained the sig-thingy to me. (both off-list) I figured I
might not be alone and already suggested to ask the list what they think
just to get advice.

Now I just came back after a long weekend and see this, ah, sadly messy
thread.

I am one of those who (although on an OS X list) often uses Outlook to read
posts. Outlook displays not only his sig but also his post as an attachment:
Very unhandy! It's a blank mail with only attachments.

For that reason, because it takes me several extra clicks for each of Eric's
posts I asked Eric if he could change settings. It's not about the extra
size. For me it's about the attachment and so it is for others, I guess. I
could filter Eric's posts (which I don't want to), but even then missing
posts of a thread is not a good thing.

Another thing, not as bad, but still, I like to quickly see which post has a
"real" attachment: A screenshot (if we should ever run across one in this
command line oriented list. )

Eric's last post had not attachment: Thank you, sincerely. I hope it wasn't
the very last post.

Let's forget about some unappropriate subject lines which where
unfortunately carried on by others.

Bjorn

http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender. 3167